We share knowledge to teach practical skills to people who want to apply Natural Building to their lives. We are the senior resource on Natural Building in North America. Each day includes demonstrations and hands-on learning on real buildings with discussions, slides and lectures. Expect long days of hard work, wholesome food, peaceful scenery, and high satisfaction. We offer a wide variety of trainings in Natural Building. Phone us for help choosing the workshop that suits you best.
- Phone to pre-enroll before sending money. Best time to call is between 10 am and 2 pm PST Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Enroll early for a discount and before the courses fill up!
- Discounts---10% for FULL payment 90 days in advance, except apprenticeships; plus 10% discount for family and friends coming together; and 50% for people 6 to 15 years old. Alumni receive a 20% discount if paid 90 days in advance! Local residents in Coos/Curry Counties please contact us for local discounts. Withdrawals within 10 days of beginning of workshop may forfeit their enrollment fee.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to the workshop start date.
- Most workshop fees include all meals. Ask about accommodations when you call.
- The schedule of workshops may continue to list some courses after their completion date to show what courses were taught this year, their price, and location, since this may be of interest to people who are waiting for next year's schedule to be posted.
- The bulk of the schedule for any year is generally posted by early January, though some workshops will be posted before then.
- Expect some changes in the schedule; check this page periodically for new additions, deletions, or date changes.
You may also wish to visit our Affiliate Workshops page. Which lists other workshops taught by people associated with Cob Cottage Company.
|Title||Start Date||End Date||Location||Cost||Instructors|
|Pyromania! Rocket Mass Heaters||Mar 14 2014||Mar 16 2014||Coquille, OR||$240||Ianto Evans|
|Intro to Cob and Cob Cottage Company||Apr 4 2014||Apr 6 2014||Coquille, OR||$300 or $200||Ianto Evans and Linda Smiley|
|Get Your COB Kicks on Route 66!||Apr 11 2014||Apr 20 2014||Seligman, AZ||$880||Allie Maggio & Rebekah Lesher|
|Pyromania! Rocket Mass Heaters||Apr 18 2014||Apr 20 2014||Coquille, OR||$240||Ianto Evans|
|Complete Cob for Early Birds!||Apr 25 2014||May 4 2014||Lake County, CA||$940||Shawn and Melissa Rae King|
|Complete Cob: A Storybook Cottage||May 8 2014||May 17 2014||Coquille, OR||$880||Jo Forsyth & Rebekah Lesher|
|Finishing Touches: Earthen Plasters & More||May 18 2014||May 22 2014||Coquille, OR||$560 or $420*||Linda Smiley, Jo Forsyth|
|A Complete Cob Cottage Start to Finish!||Jun 6 2014||Jun 15 2014||Point Arena, CA||$880||Kirk Mobert & Bryan Burnowski|
|Complete Cob||Jun 13 2014||Jun 22 2014||Coquille, OR||$880||Shawn King & Others|
|Cob: Short and Sweet in 5 Days||Jul 4 2014||Jul 8 2014||Coquille, OR||$660||TBA|
|Complete Cob at Deck Family Farm||Jul 11 2014||Jul 20 2014||Junction City, OR||$880||Allie Maggio|
|A Complete Cob Cottage Start to Finish!||Jul 11 2014||Jul 20 2014||Point Arena, CA||$880||Kirk Mobert & Bryan Burnowski|
|COB, BaleCob, Strawbale, LSC Building Extravaganza!||Jul 18 2014||Jul 27 2014||Bandon/Coquille, OR||$880||Bernhard Masterson & Rebekah Lesher|
|A Strawbale and Cob Sauna!||Jul 19 2014||Aug 1 2014||Oxford, MI||$1450 less discounts||Deanne Bednar, Chris McClellan, Christina Ott|
|Natural Plasters and Finishes||Jul 25 2014||Jul 27 2014||Point Arena, CA||$240||Kirk Mobert & Bryan Burnowski|
|Complete Cob at the Source!||Aug 1 2014||Aug 10 2014||Coquille, OR||$880||Allie Maggio & Others|
|Complete Cob at the Source!||Sep 5 2014||Sep 14 2014||Coquille, OR||$880||Allie Maggio & Others|